Pages

Thursday 24 November 2011

Review: Broken Promise by Laura Landon




I literally could not put this book down.

From the offset we see Captain Austin Landwell being held as a prisoner of war and see the nightmares that torture him throughout the book. He is asked to track someone down and discovers much more than he expected.

I loved the first scenes with Landwell and Sarah - the sparks between them were brilliantly described and from there I knew this book was going to be a ‘read in one sitting’.

The emotions in the book were so well written and so vivid - I could almost feel them myself, I really felt that I bonded with Landwell and Sarah. Both of them were unwilling to admit their feelings.

Landwell was so focused on trying to right the wrong that he had done and Sarah so innocent, yet very headstrong and loyal to her promise - literally risking her life to protect that promise - the life of baby Jonathan, who can never be given to his grandparents as he will be at risk. I loved the way that it unfolded and it appeared that although Jonathan was at risk - it might not be from his grandparents.

Both Landwell and Sarah are struggling with their emotions as they realise that standing by their decisions means two broken hearts - any changing of minds leads to Broken Promises.

This book truly is a wonderful read, full of passion, romance, overflowing with emotion and brilliantly written, I liked the fact that it wasn’t predictable - I was left wondering all along the way as to how the book was going to end.

To get your own copy visit: http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Promise-Brotherhood-Series-ebook/dp/B005VHL9FM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322166172&sr=8-2

1 comment:

  1. I really like your reviews! I haven't read them all, but the ones I've read are wonderful. You really make me want to read all of these books(:

    ReplyDelete