Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

Review: Just what kind of mother are you?

The blurb:
No family is perfect.
A husband, three children and a full-time job, so many plates to keep spinning.
No wonder you forgot you were supposed to be looking after your friend's daughter.
But no one has seen her since yesterday. 
And she's not the first to go missing from your small town.
So who's hiding something?

Review:
I found this book to be a real page turner, it's fast paced and I couldn't wait to read more. It was written so well that as each chapter ended I just wanted to continue reading, and I found myself deeply immersed in it within the first few pages.

I instantly liked the main character Lisa and really felt for her. As the story unfolds I found myself willing that things worked out for her, although it is a serious book there are some humorous parts and I did laugh out loud at Lisa in the supermarket. I loved how the author created the characters in a way that you got to know them but not in so much detail that it detracted from the storyline.

The story is well written and I didn't see the ending coming which is always good as I find that I often have it worked out partway through the first few chapters! Definitely worth reading as it's a unique story which you can't even begin to imagine. I can't wait to read the next book by Paula Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment