Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Review: Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly

I was lucky to get an advanced copy of the book via netgalley and I'm glad that I did. Now I know that the Harry Bosch series has been around for a long time and I have read some of them but I haven't read them all, it's been a long time since I read the last one but that didn't make any difference. Sometimes if a book is part of a series and I haven't read the others it can put me off but in this it didn't make any difference that I wasn't up to date. 

I started the book and found myself straight into it alongside Harry who is currently working cold cases, using an old jail cell as his office. He is visited by his former colleagues to inform him of new evidence in a 30 year old case which means that he locked up the wrong man... or did he? Tie both his current cold case, his former case and then add in a live double murder case and it means one thing.... it's a bloody brilliant read! 

Fast paced and the way each of the cases being worked are merged it really is brilliant, I needed to keep reading and find out what was going to happen, I love the way that you get to know and care about what's happening very quickly. It was written very clearly... sometimes in books with multiple cases it can be a bit confusing but this was easy to follow.

I don't want to give away any spoilers but just recommend that if you love a good book... even if you've never heard of Harry Bosch before then give it a read. The official release date is 31st October 2017 so put the date in you diary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment