Pages

Friday 16 December 2011

Review: Family Jewels by N.L.Wilson


Absolutely Brilliant - A MUST Read

I enjoyed the first book of this series - The Case of The Flashing Fashion Queen and to be honest although I was eager to read the next instalment I was hesitant as I sometimes find that the second one just isn’t as good.

I’m glad to say that I was wrong - this book was brilliant!! I was up until 4am reading this as I just needed to see Dix Dodd our wonderful Private Investigator unfold the mystery.

We start off with Dix in her new office with all new modern gadgets, still with the delightful Dylan as her trusty sidekick. Her new fax machine brings news that her Mother, Katt Dodd is a person of interest in recent jewel thefts at the Wildoh retirement community!! Not to mention the disappearance of Katt’s boyfriend Frankie!

Dix and Dylan set off for Florida - with Mrs P in tow - I laughed so much at the car journey to Florida with Mrs P and her ‘crossword’ clues. There was lots of wit in these scenes, very well written. And also a theme which re-occurs later on in the book.

Once we meet Katt and some of the other resident’s of the Wildoh things really started to get good - plenty of undercover work from both Dix and Dylan - although Dix wasn’t expecting to go undercover on this occasion, I think she did well! There are some great scenes in this book - one of my favourite one’s is Dix in the restaurant with Deputy No Nuts - just brilliant!

As I was reading I was convinced who the jewellery thief was, then changed my mind, and then changed it again!! Maybe its just me assessing each and every one of the new characters with scrutiny but I could see motives in them all!! I did however guess correctly how they were disappearing (once I knew who it was!) So I felt a bit better for that!

I loved the fact that Dix and Dylan get close in the book - I really do hope that they get together soon!!

I was literally laughing out loud towards the end - and at 4am in the morning you know that it’s a good book!! The only problem I have is that I have to wait for the next book in the series - I hope I don’t have to wait long because I’m missing Dix Dodd already!

Go and buy yourself a copy now: http://www.amazon.com/Family-Jewels-Mystery-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B005DRWOEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323993660&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. Great review..i love books that grab you like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. This looks like something I would really enjoy.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete