Pages

Saturday 25 August 2018

Review: Mother by Hannah Begbie


I was her mother.
I gave her a death sentence.
Those were the facts of it.
A devastating diagnosis. A deadly secret.
At three weeks old, Cath's daughter is diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. Their world implodes.
Will Cath's desperate actions save her daughter . . . or destroy her?
An explosive novel about obsession and the lengths we go to save the ones we love.

I enjoyed reading this, the storyline was good and I felt that it covered the topic well. I would imagine that many parents in the same boat find themselves becoming obsessive and researching the condition, finding it hard to speak to loved ones. 

I felt that the book was a mix of reality with story and thought that the author did a great job of combining the two. Quite an emotional read but worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment