Pages

Friday 24 August 2018

Review: A Little Bird Told Me by Marianne Holmes

Besides, if you were one half evil, wouldn’t you want to know about the other half?
In the scorching summer of 1976, Robyn spends her days swimming at the Lido and tagging after her brother. It’s the perfect holiday – except for the crying women her mum keeps bringing home.
As the heatwave boils on, tensions in the town begin to simmer. Everyone is gossiping about her mum, a strange man is following her around, and worst of all, no one will tell Robyn the truth. But this town isn’t good at keeping secrets…
Twelve years later, Robyn returns home, to a house that has stood empty for years and a town that hasn’t moved on, forced to confront the mystery that haunted her that summer.
And atone for the part she played in it.
A Little Bird Told Me is Marianne Holmes’ debut novel.


I loved this book, I couldn't put it down! I loved the fact that it was written in two parts - the past and the present and the way that the story came together by reading each part. The storyline was well thought out and I was surprised that this was a debut novel as it really was a great read. 

I loved the characters in the book; Robyn (Little Bird) and her brother Kit (Christopher) are our two main ones but there are also some outside characters that we get to meet and know. I loved the ending and I would love it if there could be a sequel to it but I'm not sure if we'd be able to have one that would be as brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment