Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Review: You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac

The Blurb:
YOU an ME, we have history. We have a child together. We have kept secrets from each other for far too long. This summer, in the beautiful hills of the Dordogne, it is time for EVERYTHING to change.

The Review:
The books focus is on Jess, a single mother who has raised her son, William singlehandedly with some support from her mum & dad. William has had little contact with his father over the years but Jess is pushed into spending the summer with Adam, Williams’ father at his holiday chateau complex in France by her mother. 

The book has humour as well as a deeply moving and important storyline, which portrays things very well. I must praise the author on such a good book, that also raises awareness. 

I will admit that I wasn’t gripped by the book where I felt that I couldn’t stop reading as I needed to find out what happened, but it was well written in such a way that I found myself sitting down and reading several chapters very quickly whilst still taking in the story, in what felt like no time at all. 

It has a good storyline and it was nice to read a well written ‘chick flick’ novel as I call them, with a great balance of sadness, happiness & humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment