Pages

Saturday 2 June 2018

Review: Big Potential by Shawn Achor

Description:

Forget everything you thought you knew about being your best. It’s not about your own skills or talents. Instead, real success in work and life comes from your connections and relationships – the teams you build around you, the friends you make – and getting the best out of them. You hugely amplify your own potential by helping others around you to realise theirs.

A TED talk star with over 16 million views, Shawn Achor is one of the world’s leading experts on happiness and personal success – and author of the positive psychology classic The Happiness Advantage. Now, in this game-changing guide to greatness, he demolishes the myth of single individual achievement. With powerful stories, cutting-edge research and exclusive insights from Fortune 100 leaders, he shows how only by working with others will you ever reach your Big Potential.


Review: 

I got this book via netgalley and although I’d read the description at the time of requesting I’d completely forgotten what it was about by the time I came to read it.


I’ve not read Shawn’s previous books but I really like the way he writes, he’s really descriptive with the stories that he tells. I think that’s to make sure that you understand why he’s telling you what he’s telling you!


It’s a thought provoking book, with some really good topics and methods contained within it. It also makes a lot of sense. I’ve definitely taken some top tips from it to put into use.

No comments:

Post a Comment